Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Psyche

I live
for sandcastles in the setting sun
for numbers on clocks for tomorrow
for the things that I create
and those that I destroy
for happily ever nows for today
for dreams in the wind
for the feelings I cannot feel
and those that I can
for yesterday
for what might have been
for what is
for what could be
for black shadows on the snow
for relections in the ocean
for the rain in my hair
for the dirt under my fingernails
for the grass beneath my toes
for the fever in my own eyes
for the people I will never know
for the blood in my veins
for the places I will never go
for the pennies beneath the tracks
for the dandelions that will always grow


The Dandelion Psyche is living for yesterday, tomorrow, and most importantly for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment